You might be reading this article because you are planning to visit Toronto. Here are some facts that might help you to know more about the city before heading here.
Toronto is part of the Ontario Province of Canada. It is situated on the shores of Lake Ontario in Southern Ontario. In the late 18th century, the town was established when the British Crown purchased land from the Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nation and established a town there. The settlement would later grow into the biggest city in Canada. Toronto is truly a great city in so many ways that people around the world consider it a must-visit. From the city’s tallest skyscraper to its public transportation, there are still lots of interesting things to see and experience in the city. Want to know more about Toronto? Here are some facts that hopefully help you get excited for Toronto.
- The greater Toronto metropolitan has over 6 million residents and the city of Toronto has a population over 5 million residents.
- The city of Toronto is the 5th largest city in North America next to Mexico City, New York City, Los Angeles and Chicago.
- In 1973, Toronto was known as York, the upper Canada. In the year 1984, the city was later renamed into Toronto.
- Toronto has been named as the most livable city after Brisbane, Sydney and Vienna.
- The city is home to almost 8,000 restaurants offering a variety of cuisines. If you want to taste different cuisines from all over the globe by just visiting one place, then Toronto is the place to visit.
- Have you heard about the Caribana Parade? It is a parade in Toronto that is known to be the longest parade in North America. It usually shows about 10,000 costumed performers and can stretch up to 3.6 kilometers. The parade usually starts at 10:00 AM and will end at 8:00 PM, it’s that long!
- Toronto’s Stock Exchange is the third largest in North America and 7th largest in the world based on market capitalization.
- If you are planning to invest in Toronto, you should know that it is the second most business friendly city in the world next to Hong Kong.
The best way to know more about Toronto is to visit it. If you are looking to visit Toronto and looking for a place to stay, that is not a problem at all. As there are millions of people who visit Toronto yearly, the city is very much ready to house its visitors. From hotels, hostels, apartments and many other types of accommodation, you will surely find great deals. There are also furnished suites in Toronto if you are looking for more private or larger spaces to stay while enjoying the city. Furnished suites in Toronto could be a studio type, 1, 2 or 3 bedroom type. Furnished suites in Toronto are ideal for large groups of travelers, like with a group of friends or a large family. It is also ideal for business people who visit Toronto for extended lengths of time. Furnished suites in Toronto are usually located at the heart of the city and are easy to find. The amenities will mostly be the same as a 5-star hotel have, and the services will usually be the same.
Travelling to Toronto can surely be the experience of a lifetime. The people in Toronto are known to be courteous, friendly and very welcoming. Truly, you can experience home away from home. Travel to Toronto now and experience its beauty!